Kendrick Lamar performs during The Pop Out - Ken & Friends concert presented for pgLang, Free Lunch, and Amazon Music at the Kia Forum on June 19th, 2024 in Inglewood, California.
Kendrick Lamar's "Pop Out" Concert with Friends, A Juneteenth to remember
Kai McGheeJune 21, 2024
2 years later at HCC
2 years later at HCC
Paulina Garcia, Staff Writter • June 21, 2024
Animals
The Importance of Flea & Heartworm Prevention
Guadalupe Mejia, Staff Writer • June 19, 2024
1960s-era pill could bring free love back to Houston
Health
1960s-era pill could bring 'free love' back to Houston
Brandon De Hoyos, Staff Writer • June 18, 2024
Uncategorized
Diving into the deeper meaning of Disney Pixar's "Inside Out" and how it relates to adults & children in the real world.
Kai McGhee, Student • June 14, 2024

Diego Hernandez – My Tenure at HCC

My experience at HCC has been a fairly quiet one. Quiet classes, quiet halls, awkwardly standing by the doorways of class entryways waiting for the professors in question to arrive and start their classes.

I only took a handful of classes in person, but found them to be engaging in some regards, but for the most part, quiet.

The majority of my time in HCC was spend at home oddly enough, through online anytime classes.

In hindsight, I may not have had the most engaging or immersive or even the most interactive experience within my classes or just the educational institution as a whole, but these kinds of classes and class options allowed me to find more general flexibility in my work flow, assignments, events in life outside of classes, and my part time job which I did simultaneously while in school as well.

Most of my classes have been in this route, and have allowed me to also continue to learn at my own pace.

I’m able to digest as much information as I can without the worry of a set deadline most of the time, and I can manage my own workflow whilst also being aware of assignment due dates far ahead of time as opposed to the average fixed schedule some classes prefer to structure themselves in.

Unfortunately I did not make much friends due to this avenue, and I believe this could have changed had I been more present in person.

However, the people I did meet have been very communicative and cooperative for the most part with assignments and just the general environment of a classroom setting when it does get vocal.

My plans after and post HCC are to continue with the avenue of communications, but to head into the direction of public relations at the University of Houston this upcoming fall semester.

I have already been accepted and aim to finish the remainder of my bachelor’s degree program with this university, and continue to apply and search for internships prior to graduation in the hopes of it increasing my opportunities for a job outside of my studies a lot quicker than I can hope and bargain for without them.

My biggest gripe however is that there is a very limited selection of classes that are online anytime at the University of Houston, so I will have to learn to adapt to that change and prepare for certain deadlines and lack of flexibility that HCC offered for me prior.

However, in turn from that, I gain a more hands on experience in a classroom setting, and have the opportunity to gain a better understanding of a social environment in college, and for the future as a whole.