FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Chick-Fil-A Will End 10 year long “no antibiotics ever” pledge Spring 2024

+A+Chick-fil-A+location+in+Philadelphia+is+shown+Wednesday%2C+Nov.+17%2C+2021.
Matt Rourke
A Chick-fil-A location in Philadelphia is shown Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021.

In coming months the fast-food giant Chick-Fil-A will be taking on a less strict stance on their pledge regarding antibiotics. Chick-Fil-A follows other large food companies like Tyson Foods, who added some antibiotics back into their products last year.

From the most strict “no antibiotics ever” a pledge intended to help lessen human antibiotic resistance due to drugs and medication used in the production of livestock. To what is currently known as “no antibiotics important to human medicine” which lessens the ban on antibiotics to medications that are frequently used to treat humans.

The “no antibiotics important to human medicine” pledge also limits the use of animal antibiotics used to treat sick animals, and will be utilized by Chick-Fil-A in Spring 2024.

While it may be more relaxed, the new pledge is still important in keeping Chick-Fil-A customers safe from drug resistance. As livestock producers add some drugs and medication to the livestocks diet in order to increase product resulting in a more profitable business for the producer.

In turn the drugs used in the practice may cause drug resistance for human antibiotics, making it that much more difficult to cure some diseases. Drug resistance is a medical phenomenon that weakens the effectiveness of antibiotics for human diseases.