This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary MillerApril 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa SaucedaApril 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

Carl Weathers, ‘Rocky’ movies and ‘The Mandalorian’ actor passes away at 76

Famous Hollywood action movie and comedy star, Carl Weathers, passed away earlier this month at the age of 76. Weathers was well known for his role as the enemy-turned-ally Apollo Creed from the Rocky movies, along with the role of Chubbs Peterson, the teacher from Adam Sandler’s Happy Gilmore, as well as the recent Greef Karga, from the hit show, The Mandalorian on Disney Plus.

Weather’s manager, Matt Luber, stated the actor passed away on Thursday. According to the family of Weather’s, they stated that he died “peacefully in his sleep.”

According to IMDB, the beloved actor was born on January 14, 1948, where he grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana. Not only was he a talented actor, but a very successful football star from San Diego State University. He played with the Oakland Raiders for a few years until he retired in 1974.

AP Entertainment Writer Mark Kennedy stated that after leaving the Raiders, he went on to join the Canadian Football League for two years and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in drama in 1974 at San Francisco University.

Roger Alazen stated that in addition to his football and acting career, Weathers was also a member of the Big Brothers Association and the U.S. Olympic Committee, helping athletes with a variety of sports from wrestling, gymnastics, swimming, and judo.

Fellow celebrities and friends with Weathers wrote thoughtful messages of him on social media. “An extraordinary athlete, a fantastic actor and a great person…” Schwarzenegger posted on Instagram. “Carl Weathers was such an integral part of my life, my success …” Rocky Actor Sylvester Stallone wrote on Instagram with a video tribute. Adam Sandler also reached out on social media, speaking about Weathers, “So much fun to be around always. Smart as hell. Loyal as hell. Funny as hell.”

I believe this to be such a tragic event for everyone who he’s made an impact on in their lives along with every Star Wars fan. May his beloved friends and family be comforted during this time of mourning.