Kendrick Lamar performs during The Pop Out - Ken & Friends concert presented for pgLang, Free Lunch, and Amazon Music at the Kia Forum on June 19th, 2024 in Inglewood, California.
Kendrick Lamar's "Pop Out" Concert with Friends, A Juneteenth to remember
Kai McGheeJune 21, 2024
2 years later at HCC
2 years later at HCC
Paulina Garcia, Staff Writter • June 21, 2024
Animals
The Importance of Flea & Heartworm Prevention
Guadalupe Mejia, Staff Writer • June 19, 2024
1960s-era pill could bring free love back to Houston
Health
1960s-era pill could bring 'free love' back to Houston
Brandon De Hoyos, Staff Writer • June 18, 2024
Uncategorized
Diving into the deeper meaning of Disney Pixar's "Inside Out" and how it relates to adults & children in the real world.
Kai McGhee, Student • June 14, 2024

Balenciaga 2023 Show Backlash

Vanessa Friedman
Cardi B on Balenciaga’s big Hollywood runway

Recently a couple days ago Balenciaga had hosted their fashion runway show in Los Angeles California with few celebrities such as Cardi B, Sexyy Red, Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Teyana Taylor, and other few stars. The fashion show comes on the heels of Balenciaga’s recent its new campaign. A very public declaration of a new era at the house, the campaign is clearly looking to draw a line under what was a disastrous situations of last year 2022 for the brand, when it was accused of sexualizing little kids in an ad campaign.

One of the big stars of that received backlash was Cardi B when she posted her recent pictures on Instagram and she lost over 100,000 followers! Due to the backstory of condoning child trafficking, pedophilia, and, child exploitation. Also Kim Kardashian and sister Kendall Jenner, two sisters that attended to the  show, had lost 300,000 followers and the latter losing even more at 500,000.

Balenciaga did apologize for their actions, but the people aren’t taken this lightly and very disappointed to see star they really like attend to the show.

Front row, center: Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian and Cédric Charbit, the chief executive of Balenciaga. Photographer Vanessa Friedman 

Kidman is the only person that came on top, who was named Balenciaga’s new face on the day of the show, and has gotten 5,000 followers. This will lay bare the fickle nature of online social media followers but, it also suggests that the public is not finished with the scandal that happened last year with the brand. Balenciaga may be trying to put on a brace face and move on, but the drop in figures suggests that, for some people at least, the issue is not over yet.

Nicole Kidman has been named a Balenciaga brand ambassador