CNN fired Chris Cuomo for helping his brother – ex-governor of New York, accused of harassment

Bema Kalys kyzy, Student Writer

The American television channel CNN has fired popular TV presenter Chris Cuomo, brother of former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. Chris Cuomo assisted his brother during the harassment and sexual misconduct prosecutions of Andrew Cuomo.

“We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately.” the channel said in a statement.

51-year-old Chris Cuomo has worked on the channel since 2013, and since 2017 he has hosted one of the most popular news programs of CNN, which aired in the evening prime time. Prior to working for CNN, he worked as a correspondent and presenter with other leading American television channels – Fox News, ABC, NBC.

In particular, he tried to find out information from his sources about those who accused his brother, and actively participated in the development of defense tactics for these charges.

Chris Cuomo tweeted, where he has more than two million subscribers, that he did not imagine his departure from CNN and added that he would miss the people with whom he “did really important work.”