FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Black Women in Fashion: Who to Watch Out for

When it comes to different aspects of fashion, black women have always been trendsetters in many ways: big jewelry and hairstyles, acrylic nails, and the implementation of bold colors and patterns, and continue to set these trends even when they are looked down upon for doing these things. In today’s age, many black women are still setting trends and I want to talk a little about a couple of them.

1. Raven Tracy: Raven Tracy, who is behind the brand Body by Raven Tracy, uses her brand to uplift women with motivational and aspirational quotes, while also setting the trend behind athleisure, loungewear, and swimwear, so much so that people are rushing to buy her clothes every time she drops a new collection.
  2. Torianna Breaux: Torianna started her brand Tordrobes which specializes in her SIGNATURE U-ZIP PANTS, she put her all into designing and bringing her brand to life, which has set trends across the fashion industry, to where brands like SHEIN are trying to dupe her clothing, but nothing is like the original.

When looking at certain trends, you should wonder whether or not a black woman was the start and inspiration behind it.