FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Midway Point In A Long Journey

The Associate Degree
Graduation
Grads Entering the new “Labor/Workforce” Photo by Joshua Hoehne on Unsplash

The Journey to an associate degree began in the fall of 2018 at Blinn Jr College and it got off to a rocky start. HCC wasn’t on my radar at all but upon receiving the news that I was on academic probation at Blinn and could not register for the fall 2019 semester, I had to come up with a plan. I returned home and attended HCC for the fall of 2019 and spring of 2020 and once again…did not do so well. I was not taking school and education seriously at all. I received news that I was on academic probation again and needed to pay an amount of money that I did not have to remove, so instead I ran away from school and joined the Air Force. Being in the Air Force helped me gain the discipline and focus I needed in life because upon getting out of the Air Force and getting back into school I was able to finally apply myself and make it to the finish line where I am now. It was a long and twisting road but I am finally reaching the halfway mark of getting my bachelor’s degree and finally being able to put school in my rearview mirror.