The Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie film Barbie has taken over social media.

Caroline Carreon, Student Writer

One of the most anticipated summer movies is a live-action, star-studded production about the most well-known toy in the world.

This week, a teaser trailer was released, which concurrently made people feel queasy in a candy store and inspired a flood of clever memes.

A list of the actors who don’t feature in Barbie might be more efficient.

Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie may play the lead parts of Barbie and Ken, but there is a minor issue: There are many Barbies in the world of dolls, not just one.

Due to this, the movie also features pop sensation Dua Lipa as Barbie the mermaid, Bridgerton’s Nicola Coughlan as Barbie the diplomat, and Ana Cruz Kayne as Barbie. (Supreme Court Justice Barbie).

Issa Rae from Insecure will represent a Barbie who is president, and Emma Mackey from Sex Education will play a Barbie who has won the Nobel Prize in physics.

Ncuti Gatwa from Doctor Who will portray a Ken who plays the guitar, and Scott Evans from One Life to Live will play a Ken who wears a cowboy hat.

Other celebrities include Tick, Tick… Boom! Actress Alexandra Shipp, Saturday Night Live’s Kate McKinnon, and British actor Kingsley Ben-Adir (another Ken). (yet another Barbie, this time an author).

Emerald Fennell portrays Barbie’s closest friend Midge from The Crown, and Michael Cera plays Ken’s friend Allan from Juno.

America Ferrera of Ugly Betty, Will Ferrell of Elf, Jamie Demetriou of Stath Lets Flats, and Connor Swindells of Sex Education will portray human characters.

This complex delicacy will be portrayed on screen by Oscar-nominated director Greta Gerwig.

The Lady Bird filmmaker, 39, is best known for her work on the Saoirse Ronan, Laurie Metcalf, and Timothée Chalamet-starring movie, for which she received an Oscar nomination for best director.

The movie, a collaboration between Warner Bros. and Mattel, the company that makes Barbies, is scheduled for distribution on July 21.A parody of the classic science-fiction epic 2001: A Space Odyssey began the teaser for the movie, which was released in December. But the most high-profile and financially effective Barbie live-action adaptation to date is probably the most recent one.