Iconic Queens Bob the Drag Queen and Monét X Change take on Houston tonight with their National Tour

Angelo Ortiz Vela, Student Writer

Bob the Drag Queen in a yellow jumpsuit holding Monet X Change's hand jumping through a TV screen as promotion for their national tour Sibling Rivalry: The One about TV/Film
Monét X Change, left, and Bob the Drag Queen on the right. Photo: courtesy of Obsessed and PEG

There comes a time within every person’s life where there’s one event, concert, comedy show, or theater production that one gets really excited for.

Tonight is that night for an event that hits all those categories.

Iconic and world renowned drag queens Bob the Drag Queen and Monet X Change hit the stage with their national tour Sibling Rivalry: The One About TV/Film. 

What started out as a podcast between the two friends and RuPaul’s Drag Race winners that has garnered much love and admiration by fans and is now a national tour over two years in the making. The tour was originally set for Spring 2020 but was pushed back due to the world pandemic.

During their online podcast Bob and Monet pick topics to discuss such public transportation, body image, and even events like Queen Elizabeth’s passing. Their personalities, arguments, and quick whit make every topic no matter how simple or complex truly hilarious, entertaining and insightful.

This national tour show includes their regular commentary from the podcast with the added experience of lip syncs, live singing, comedic sketches and more. 

Houston was the concluding city for the tour but due to Hurricane Ian the Orlando, FL and Charleston, SC shows were postponed. There are limited ticket still available for tonight ranging from are $35-$100 at BobandMonet.com. The show will be at Cullen Performance Hall at the University of Houston. 

Having seen both Bob and Monet separately when they were previously in Houston and being a fan of the podcast for many years, I am truly excited for tonight’s show. I hope to snag some merch and be able to laugh with friends for this show that has been years in the making.