This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary MillerApril 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa SaucedaApril 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

UT Rio Grande Valley was defeated by Tarleton State with 77-75

According to the Texas AP, on Saturday night, the game between Tarleton State and UT Rio Grande Valley ended with the defeat of UT Rio Grande Valley. Tarleton State’s victory was led by the assistance of Gaddy and Smith’s additional points, leaving it 77-75.

The defeat was led by Jakorie Smith‘s huge contribution to the team. “There were three lead changes in the final 24 seconds, the last coming when Smith hit a solid 25-foot jumper from the left wing as time expired,” according to AP. His buzzer beat became such a historical moment at the very last minute.

Additional points scored by other players were a disaster. “Smith added 17 points and had three steals” with Kiandre Gaddy‘s 10 rebounds and 7 blocks, AP reveals. UT Rio Grande Valley also let Lue Williams’ 11 additional scores pass.

Jakorie Smith is one of the greatest players in the Tarleton State basketball team. Last Monday afternoon, it was announced that he received a trophy as a WAC player of the week.  “Smith was named the MVP of the Sand Division, the second WAC player to earn the honor in the first three years of the invitational,” the official claims.

Kiandre Gaddy is also an important and core player in the Tarleton State basketball team. According to the official, he “earned an All-Tournament nod after he notched a double-double with 12 points and 12 boards in the championship game.”

After UT Rio Grande Valley was defeated, fans were disappointed, however, we hope that they will get the victory in the next game against Texas A&M next Wednesday.

Video by the WAC