This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary MillerApril 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa SaucedaApril 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

Ground stop at Hobby Airport

Houston’s Hobby Airport lifted a ground halt due to collision between two private aircraft on the taxiway.

Following a collision between two private aircraft on the taxiway, Houston’s Hobby Airport lifted a ground halt. At about 3:30p.m., the two jets were in motion on the airstrip, and no injuries were reported. The airplane was deemed fire-safe by the Houston Fire Department. The FAA reported that after a Hawker H25B left Runway 22 without authorization, it struck a Cessna C510 that was making a landing on Runway 13 Right.

The Hawker, a Cessna aircraft, was taken down by SkyEye during an unapproved departure. The debris closed the runway, which resulted in aircraft delays and cancellations. With its tail severed, the Cessna was parked and encircled by orange cones. Thirty-two arriving and 24 departing flights were canceled, 45 and 33 flights were delayed, and eleven planes were diverted as a result of the ground halt. The number of passengers on each plane has not been made public by the FAA.

Considered more of a city airport, William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) is much smaller as compared to Bush International and is located just 11 miles from Houston’s bustling downtown.

Two private jets collided at Houston’s William P. Hobby Airport, causing delays and cancellations of flights. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, a Cessna C510 that had landed on a different runway and a Hawker H25B that had illegally exited a runway collided. There is no information available about when traffic will resume as the airport canceled four planes and diverted eleven. In September, the Biden administration announced a $26 million investment to address the problem of airport near misses. This money will go toward automating systems that notify air traffic controllers when planes are destined for the incorrect runway. Part of this effort includes automation to notify air traffic controllers when a plane is approaching the incorrect runway.

Operations have resumed following the collision of two private aircraft wings during takeoff. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, a Cessna C510 that had landed on a different runway and a Hawker H25B that had illegally exited a runway collided. A team of six people from the National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating the collision. While operations were halted, 54 flights were canceled and 78 were diverted.

As workers attempted to remove the debris, the airport continued to be placed under ground stop, according to the report. The airport declared that flight operations had resumed just after 7 p.m. after the debris had been removed.

Both the National Transportation Safety Board and the FAA are still looking into the incident.