FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Astros game was about to get stuck due to France’s family emergency

Urquidy in replacement

AP Phoenix reveals that the Houston Astros had to modify their pitching order during one of the most important game series.

J.P. France throws against the Kansas City Royals during the first inning of a baseball game Saturday, Sept. 23, 2023, in Houston. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

The right-hander J.P. France, who gave his team a great contribution “last season at Triple-A Sugar Land, going 3-4 with a 3.90 ERA in 34 games (15 starts),” according to the MLB official, had to skip the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks due to his family emergency on Friday night. The official doesn’t mention exactly what happened, but they had announced the scratch of his pitching on X beforehand.

In replacement, the Astros put José Urquidy, also a right-hander, on the pitch. According to the Athletics MLB, “no foreign-born pitcher in major-league history has more World Series wins than Urquidy.”

Logan Riely/Getty Images

After the game, John McClain, the NLB writer, left a comment on X, “What a clutch performance by Jose Urquidy. A sub for JP France, who had a family emergency. No runs, two hits, and a 2-0 lead in the sixth against Zac Gallen, a Cy Young candidate.”

It seems to have turned out to be a great game, thanks to Urquindy’s great contribution, beating the Diamondbacks 2-1, despite of the sudden replacement.

The next game is on Saturday, at 7:10 pm, and fans must be all excited to have France back, while Friday’s game’s highlight is now uploaded on YouTube by the official (9/30/23, 13:47).