FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Attack on New York: Can the New York Giants right the ship and bounce back from week one?

Andrew Mills
A defeated New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones during the 4th quarter of Monday night opener.

One might say the word ‘defeat’ is not enough to describe the 40-0 spanking that the Dallas Cowboys delivered to the New York Giants in their season opener at home on MetLife field in New York. Everything that could go wrong for the Giants that day went wrong. The whole team struggled to gain any type of momentum from the first whistle to the last. From fumbles to interceptions to even a blocked kick being returned for a touchdown. The weather was not much help either as a steady downpour of rain streamed over the stadium. Head coach of the Giants Brian Daboll had this to say about the terrifying defeat, “I’d say when you walk out after a game like that, there is a lot of emotion,” Daboll said Monday. “You put everything you got into it, and we didn’t perform well and that starts with me. There is a self-reflection and then you watch the tape, you go through whether it’s decisions, whether it’s plays, whether it’s techniques and then you move on to the next week.” The Giants hope to right their wrongs in week 2 as they play the Arizona Cardinals, who are without their starting quarterback Kyler Murray and whose defense ranks among the worst in the league. All that is left to do is wait and see to observe if this week of practice was enough to turn the Giants back on the right path and back in the race for a Super Bowl title.