Houston Coffee Shops

Cecilia Mancera, Student Writer

While the city of Houston is a huge city with even bigger diversity, I always look forward to discovering a new coffee shop.

There’s something about the atmosphere of a warm coffee in your hands sitting inside a dim lighted coffee shop while it’s raining. With this random weather we have been having, I have been enjoying a lot of this.

The Coffee House at West end located on Shepherd Dr. is a must see. This coffee shop has three levels all with the extensive seating an amazing atmosphere. When I went, I tried their specialty drink the Cortadito. This was a cortado which consists of two ounces of espresso and two ounces of steamed milk with brown sugar. The slight sweetness of the brown sugar was a good balance with the blend of espresso that they used.

A bit for further north, there is Wild Coffee Bar and Dispensary. When I first walked in all I noticed was the leaves and greens aesthetic the shop had. What makes this coffee shop a bit different from the rest is that they have a dispensary bar right next to it. They sell from the scale of CBD 2D8 in all kinds of forms; gummies, candies, carts and everything in between. I ordered their very popular coffee drink, the Honey Lavender Latte with oat milk. Being a recommendation from a staff member, it was the best one she could have given me. I have always been a lover of lavender, but I never thought to put it in my coffee. The sweet floral taste with the creaminess of the oat milk and smooth espresso was an experience I think everybody should have.

Closer to the Montrose area is a coffee shop I have been going to for a couple of years now called Agora. I’m sure many people who have lived in Houston long enough have probably heard about this coffee shop and how amazing it is. When I went in recently, I got the Pumpkin pie Chai latte with espresso and I have never tasted anything more fall in my life. besides the great coffee this is where I usually find myself studying or hanging out with my friends. I do recommend you go early to find a spot now that this place is always packed.