Food Truck Fest coming to HCC West Loop

St.+John%E2%80%99s+Fire+is+one+of+the+many+food+trucks+that+will+be+serving+up+delicious+at+the+Haute+Wheels+Houston+Food+Truck+Festival+March+20+and+21+at+HCCs+West+Loop+campus.+

Image Courtesy of Haute Wheels Houston

St. John’s Fire is one of the many food trucks that will be serving up delicious at the Haute Wheels Houston Food Truck Festival March 20 and 21 at HCC’s West Loop campus.

Alyssa Foley, Editor in Chief

Over 34 Houston chefs will be rolling on to the Houston Community College West Loop campus on March 21 and 22 for the 5th Annual Haute Wheels Houston Food Truck Festival. Tickets are $16 for adults which includes $5 of beverage tickets and a $1 donation to the Houston Community College Foundation. Children 12 and under are free. The festival combines gourmet food with a beer and wine garden, street entertainment, an artisan vendor village and live music. Tickets are limited, purchase online here.

Most trucks will serve sample portions. Gluten-free and vegan menus are offered. The festival is a family-friendly event with activities for everyone.

This year, participating trucks include Angie’s Cake, Coreanos, Good Dog Hot Dog, Flip ‘n Patties, Fork in the Road, Foodgasm, Frosted Betty, Golden Grill, Happy Endings, H-TownStrEATS, Koagie Hots, Kona Ice, The Hungry Lumberjack, Miso Yummy, Muiishi Makirritos, Monster PBJ, Nom Mi, Pocket to Me, Porch Swing Desserts, Skratch, Soul Cat Cuisine, St. John’s Fire, The Waffle Bus, Tila’s Taco Truck, Snow Cream Man—an original 1961 ice cream truck and Zeapod Cakery.

While newcomers include Cousins Maine Lobster, Doughmaker Donuts, Mahalo Munchies, The Pickled Pig, Buttz Gourmet Food Truck, Ripe, Reigns, Savor the Bites and Wokker TX Ranger.

Street entertainment will include a skills challenge area presented by Houston Dynamo; up close skating demonstrations by Northside Fury and a larger than life food truck inspired chalk painting by a team of artists from Via Colori — the annual street painting festival benefiting The Center for Hearing and Speech.