FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Matt Rourke

BALTIMORE- Early Tuesday morning Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore tragically collapsed after being collided  by The Dali , a massive container ship that experienced a power outage just before the collision. Sending  several vehicles  into the Patapsco river and eight  construction workers who were currently repairing bridge potholes.  It has been reported that before the collusion occurred the ship crew urgently alerted authorities of power loss in the vessels  . Maryland Governor , Wes Moore briefly stated how shortly after mayday was issued officials rushed to  prevent other  cars from onboarding the bridge which preventative others lives being cost . “…these people are hero’s they saved lives last night” stated Maryland Governor , Wes Moore .

Two construction workers were pulled and rescued from the river , one who was hospitalized ant the University Medical Center  and the other who declined medical attention. The search continues for other civilians and workers who had been on the bridge at the time . As vividly shown on videos several vehicles entering the waters. However , it is unaware how many vehicles and if those vehicles had occupants . The search is still in continuous of six missing construction workers who entered the extreme cold waters . Baltimore Fire Chief James Wallace expressed “ We are still very much in active search and rescue posture at this point”.

The Dali is operated by a company called Synergy Group . It has been stated in past reports that in 2016 of July the Dali was involved in another collision that collided with the Port of Antwerp-Bruges in Belgium . The morning of Tuesdays incident the company stated that at the time the Dali had two port pilots and 22 other crew members .

President Joe Biden expressed The Government will bear the full cost of rebuilding the Francis Scott Key  bridge after its collapse however at the moment his concerns are making sure full support is provided to assure the missing construction workers as well as others who were present on the bridge are rescued  from the the river of Patapsco .