This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary MillerApril 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa SaucedaApril 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse

Matt Rourke
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

BALTIMORE- Early Tuesday morning Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore tragically collapsed after being collided  by The Dali , a massive container ship that experienced a power outage just before the collision. Sending  several vehicles  into the Patapsco river and eight  construction workers who were currently repairing bridge potholes.  It has been reported that before the collusion occurred the ship crew urgently alerted authorities of power loss in the vessels  . Maryland Governor , Wes Moore briefly stated how shortly after mayday was issued officials rushed to  prevent other  cars from onboarding the bridge which preventative others lives being cost . “…these people are hero’s they saved lives last night” stated Maryland Governor , Wes Moore .

Two construction workers were pulled and rescued from the river , one who was hospitalized ant the University Medical Center  and the other who declined medical attention. The search continues for other civilians and workers who had been on the bridge at the time . As vividly shown on videos several vehicles entering the waters. However , it is unaware how many vehicles and if those vehicles had occupants . The search is still in continuous of six missing construction workers who entered the extreme cold waters . Baltimore Fire Chief James Wallace expressed “ We are still very much in active search and rescue posture at this point”.

The Dali is operated by a company called Synergy Group . It has been stated in past reports that in 2016 of July the Dali was involved in another collision that collided with the Port of Antwerp-Bruges in Belgium . The morning of Tuesdays incident the company stated that at the time the Dali had two port pilots and 22 other crew members .

President Joe Biden expressed The Government will bear the full cost of rebuilding the Francis Scott Key  bridge after its collapse however at the moment his concerns are making sure full support is provided to assure the missing construction workers as well as others who were present on the bridge are rescued  from the the river of Patapsco .