This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary Miller April 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa Sauceda April 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

The State of Texas and Florida leaves Supreme Court Pessimistic over Social Media Moderation’s

Photo by Mr. Kjetil Ree

Early Monday morning the Supreme Court took an appearance at a few cases of laws that the state of Texas and Florida designed for  an approach of social media moderation  in which regulates the limit of a companies content on  social media platforms . However this  seizes to bring the  Supreme Court  to feel irresolute and skeptical due to the concern impact that regulating social media possibly implicates  First Amendment Rights.

Mondays long drawn argument in lawsuit  came in effect by two tech groups  NetChoice and Computer & Communications Industry Association who challenges if Texas and Florida can both legally prohibit social media platforms from banning political viewpoints and politicians from their social media companies .

As we know in  2021 Texas passed a law restricting large social media companies from banning political posts or users  due to the controversy of banning former president Donald Trump from their platforms based on his view n the attack of the US Capitol .In which the state of Texas disagreed on the banning due to social media companies should abide by the equality of another and not based on ones view point .

In the same year The State of Florida passed a law prohibiting platforms and companies  from engaging and removing  certain content involving politicians and moderation’s in effort to combat claims of censorship viewpoints  .

The two tech groups argued both laws are unconstitutional and implicitly violate First Amendment , Freedom of Speech and Social Media companies and platforms shouldn’t be regulated because their viewpoint on politics and politicians . Conservative Justice Amy Coney Barret questioned why tech and media platforms can’t express the same discretion as newspaper publishers in support of free expression and press .

Conservative Chief Justice , John G Roberts Jr ; expressed the concern of the government regulating the internet and question , whether the government or social media companies have the power to adhere to which voices are heard on particular platforms .

After  Several hours in the court it speculates the laws would return to lower court and held until pending the Supreme Court’s ruling.