This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary MillerApril 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa SaucedaApril 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

2024 Grammy Awards Nominations: insight on the most nominated, least and who got snubbed this year

SZA+winning+Grammy+award+for+best+pop+duo%2Fperformance+for+Kiss+Me+More+on+April+3rd%2C+2022.+
John Locher
SZA winning Grammy award for best pop duo/performance for “Kiss Me More” on April 3rd, 2022.

As the end of the year approaches, the long wait for the list of the 2024 Grammy nominations has finally been released. On November 10th during a live stream, the list of nominees was announced. A lot of people were not content with the list this year but when have they ever been? By the looks of it, many people’s favorite artists didn’t even make at least one nomination. Let’s dive in on the list of nominees for this upcoming annual Grammy Awards.

Like Beyonce said “Who run the world? Girls”, with women taking the position for most nominations this year it clearly shows who has been running the music industry. Most nominated artist goes to SZA! With nine nominations and three of them being part of the big four. Following up with Phoebe Bridgers, Victoria Monet and Serban Ghenea having seven and lastly Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Miley Cyrus and John Batiste having six nominations.

We can all agree that these are all excellent nominations and it is going to be tough for judges to decide who is well deserved for each award. Some of these artists have been part of the music industry for over 10 years and for others, this journey has just begun. With major artists like Taylor Swift, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo in the album of the year category, one can already see wars between fans about who should take the award home. Both SZA and Taylor Swift have been praised for their work this past year. Having “Kill Bill” by SZA and “Anti-Hero” by Taylor Swift in the top charts, many wouldn’t be surprised if either one takes the award for song of the year. Sadly, “vampire” by Olivia Rodrigo did not have the same impact as “drivers license” did two years ago but either way the song was great which is why it still received a nomination.

If we are all being realistic, it would be no surprise if SZA and Taylor Swift take the most wins. With Barbie also having nominations, it will be hard to predict who will win.

Barbie hit theaters this past summer and it was a huge success. Great cast, story line and amazing soundtrack which includes “What Was I Made For?” by Billie Eilish and “I’m Just Ken” by Ryan Gosling. The movie received around 15 nominations for its excellent sound track.

Snubs! The one artist that has had a controversial year is Doja Cat. She was nominated for two awards, with “Paint the Town Red” for best pop solo performance and “Attention” for best rap. There was talk saying that she was part of a cult because of her album and the what she would post on social media. Either way, many people she should have received more attention. Same goes for Sabrina Carpenter who is currently touring with Taylor Swift. Her album, emails i can’t send is arguably one of her best works so far and the fact that she wasn’t nominated for a single award just says a lot about the Grammy’s.

We’ll just have to tune in on February 4th and see who the winner for each nomination will be.