The Grammys Are Big, But Not as Big as Beyonce, Says the Critic ́

Mesfin Fekadu, Student Writer

Because Beyoncé is ultimately just Beyoncé, a world-class performer, and dancer who has developed with each album she has put out. She has taken drastic action. The odds haven’t stopped her. She has damaged the internet. She has changed history. She has altered the dynamic. After years of covering the Grammy Awards and picking winners, it is evident that Queen Bey had no chance of winning album of the year for Renaissance.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/other/critic-s-notebook-the-grammys-are-big-but-not-as-big-as-beyonce%CC%81/ar-AA17gE8a?crc=true&cvid=391fafbe97194db7ae5c504845fec636&fullscreen=true#image=1

The lyrical detail needs to be recovered on the voters. They are unable to comprehend the cadences. They overlook the great analogies. They think the profound singing is loud and intrusive, and they find the original beats boisterous and distracting.
The Grammys have made several adjustments to the voting body, even asking elderly voters to maintain membership by providing evidence of recent musical accomplishments. Two thousand new members joined last year, but it makes no difference when 11,000 individuals are involved. Although improvements have been made, a comprehensive makeover is required to change the awards show’s voting mentality.
It may come to that. Most likely, it won’t. And even if winning a Grammy is adorable, it isn’t essential to the culture, so we don’t care.
The Grammys have modified their voting body, even asking elderly voters to maintain membership by providing proof of recent musical accomplishments. Two thousand new members joined last year, but it makes no difference when 11,000 individuals are involved. Although improvements have been made, a comprehensive makeover is required to change the awards show’s voting mentality.