Sean Kenney’s Nature Lego Art Comes to Houston Botanic Garden

Wang huan - Imaginechina

A Lego sculpture of lizard created by New York-based artist Sean Kenney is on display during the “Nature Connects” Lego exhibition at the Chengdu International Finance Square (IFS) in downtown Chengdu city, southwest China’s Sichuan province, 24 June 2018. Nature Connects is an award-winning, record-breaking exhibition now touring North America, Asia, and Europe. Created with over one million LEGO pieces, this show features hundreds of sculptures built with LEGO bricks by New York artist Sean Kenney. Now the “Nature Connects” Lego exhibit is coming to China. 27 large-scale Lego sculptures will be installed at Chengdu International Finance Square from Jun.21 to Aug.31, 2019, as part of the China debut of touring exhibition. (Imaginechina via AP Images)

Angela Munoz-Martinez, Student Writer

Houston, TX- Lego certified professional artist, Sean Kenney’s “Nature Connects” Lego art is coming to the Houston Botanic Garden, beginning September 24, 2022 through February 19, 2023. Kenney’s art exhibits nature of all kinds in great detail using the small plastic blocks.

Sean Kenney has been creating jaw dropping, and meticulous life-sized masterpieces for over fifteen years. You may have seen some of his work for Target, when he made a replica of their mascot, Bullseye or a replica of the classic Louisville Slugger Bat at the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, that I got to see myself when I visited Louisville, Kentucky three weeks ago.

The talented artist has won multiple awards for his exhibitions, has a children’s book, “Building Amazing Creations” that features some of his sculptures, as well as step by step books on how to make some of your own incredible Lego art, and videos on Kenney himself explaining the spark of inspiration and process behind some of his show pieces.

A supersized monarch butterfly, humming bird feeding from a trumpet flower, American bald eagle, prey mantis, and a giant lily, are just a few of the beautifully detailed pieces that you will be able to see on display at the Botanic Garden.

Kenney hopes that his “Nature Connects” exhibit will inspire visitors to get creative and enjoy making their own art and value nature.

For more information on Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects event, including pricing, available dates, and to purchase tickets, you can visit the Houston Botanic Garden and Sean Kenney’s websites below.

https://hbg.org/natureconnects/

https://seankenney.com/portfolio/nature_connects/