Hogwarts Legacy: Release Date, What to Expect, and More

Playstation

Elena Moore, Student Writer

There’s some big news for Harry Potter fans as a new game is due to be released in early 2023.

Less than a year away, Hogwarts Legacy is coming to the PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X and S, and Xbox One. This game will be an open world single player action RPG, and from the game trailer alone, many features will be included that make it heavily personalized and immersive for fans.

Players will have the option to customize their character, so you can create your own avatar to your personal preferences. As for which house you will be sorted in, the data from your account on https://www.wizardingworld.com/ can be transferred over into the game so if you haven’t already, be sure to create an account and take the quizzes. On the website you can be sorted into a house, discover your patronus, and be gifted a personalized wand all specialized for you based on your answers to the questions. While it is confirmed that the house and wand information will be transferred into the game, it is still unannounced if your patronus will be transferred as well. That may be something that is decided in game.

Don’t be discouraged if you get sorted into the house you didn’t want. I strongly wanted Ravenclaw but got sorted into Slytherin three times, so I decided to accept

Preview of the Slytherin Common Room

my calling. However, if you want to try again and get a desired outcome, you can either sign up with a new email or delete your account and start over.

On my last attempt I got a lynx patronus which I was pretty satisfied with considering it is an unusual one, but of course it’s not as cool as a dragon or a thestral. Recent releases of the gameplay have uncovered many aspects of the game such as the common rooms, which are all notable, but in my opinion Slytherin takes the cake with its eerie yet regal decorum. Seeing it made me grateful that I was sorted in that house. The house cloaks are also quite impressive with their sigils in golden print set against their respective house colors. There will be magical creatures such as dragons, centaurs, unicorns, hippogriffs, thestrals, trolls, inferi, graphorns, phoenixes, and more. Spells such as reparo, incendio, leviosa, expelliarmus, and even crucio will be included, which hints for a possible dark magic path for your character. Other notable inclusions are Hogsmeade, broom flying lessons, the Room of Requirements, the Forbidden Forest, and more.

You will even be able to explore the castle when you’re not attending classes and discover its many hidden secrets. So far it seems very promising, and I would hope so considering the release has been delayed multiple times. So far it is due to launch on Feb. 10, 2023, and hopefully it won’t be delayed any longer.