IT’S TIME FOR A CHANGE – MILITARY VETERAN ROBIN WILLIAMS ANNOUNCES CANDIACY FOR HOUSTON, TEXAS MAYOR IN 2023

Charles Taylor, Student Writer

Robin Williams, an Veteran of the United States Marine Corps, and currently working as a law enforcement officer in Texas has announced that she is running for Mayor of Houston in 2023 looking to succeed incumbent Mayor Slyvester Turner who is currently serving his final term in office.

Miss Williams who is from Chicago, Illinois had decided to enlist in the military right after high school where she served her country honorably. While enlisted, she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice. After a successful military career, Robin started working for the American Red Cross as a assistant manager in the international social services department, While working for the Red Cross, she also was over over the veteran program at the Michael E. Debakey AV Medical Center, a program sponsored by the Red Cross which provided hygiene products to veterans in the spinal cord injury unit of the hospital.

I recently interviewed Miss Williams and asked a series of questions as to why she wanted to be considered for Mayor of Houston, and her vision for the city moving forward.

1. WHAT ARE THE ROLES OF A MAYOR? “The roles of becoming the mayor is managing the fourth, soon to be the third largest city in the United States, Protecting all citizens involved regardless of race, creed, religion, and sexual preference. Ensuring financial  progression blossoms in Houston, Texas. Job Security in cemented in Houston maintaining the preservation of historical communities”.
  2. WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THE POSITION OF MAYOR? “I am interested in running for Mayor of Houston to really bring about a true change of direction to the city I love. Working as a police officer, I saw the dark shadows that lurk in the shadow and how crime was on the rise. I knew I needed to be the voice of Houston, Texas”.
  3.  YOUR JOB WILL COME WITH LOTS OF CRITICISM. HOW WILL YOU HANDLE THAT? “I will listen to the criticism and learn from it, while growing as a mayor”.
  4. WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES THAT A MAYOR NEEDS TO BE EFFECTIVE? ” The mayor needs to be assertive, firm, but fair. In addition, the mayor should have courage to stand up for the citizens of Houston”.
  5. HOW WILL YOU SOLVE PROBLEMS AS A MAYOR? ” My goal is to look at areas that may need to be expanded thus creating additional or new jobs”.
  6. Robin stands behind her campaign slogan “Back the blue not bullies in blue”. She is not afraid to speak out against injustice, while advocating for helping others promoting her motto “I am you and you are me” in her everyday life.
  7. THE ROBIN WILLIAMS FOR HOUSTON, TEXAS MAYOR 2023 OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS: www.robinwilliamsformayor.com