The Duchess Of Sussex Can Be Funny Too

Charis Latunde, Student Writer

The Duchess of Sussex helped welcome a special guest, on her close time friends talk show Ellen DeGeneres and hit the studio lot to go prank vendors where she noted that she will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner herself saying “I love to cook. We’ll be home and just sort of relax and settle in,” about her second Thanksgiving in their California home with Prince Harry and their two kids.

The Duchess and Ellen first met each other at a pet store more than 10 years ago according to AP news. During the talk show, they both discussed different issues varying from Halloween costumes to more serious events like Meghan’s push for federal paid family leave. Meghan also shared thoughts about her family’s recent move to California saying Harry has taken well to the California lifestyle in Montecito, “He loves it,” Meghan said. “We’re just happy.” Ellen is also one of her many celebrity neighbors.

Meghan showed her funny side when she put on an earpiece so Ellen could control her speech and what to tell vendors on the studio set. Meghan was seen mewing in cat ears, devouring hot sauce on crackers like a chipmunk, and holding an enormous crystal to her face. They could barely keep from laughing. She was also told to say this “Let Mommy taste some. My boo loves hot sauce,” Meghan told one seller with a table full of hot sauces. “Mommy wants some heat.”

Continuing on, “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Ellen and Meghan welcomed the special guest, Brittany Starks, a Tennessee mother and hairdresser who gave back to her community after she too had been helped through a rough time by braiding the hair of school children for free. She has since, started a charity called “A Twist of Greatness.” The show and philanthropy partner TisBest donated $20,000 to her cause and Meghan and Harry matched it with another $20,000, saying “We were so touched by your story,” and gave the lady a hug.