Apple has created the Apple Card

Apple’s Stacey Lysik speaks at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference in San Jose, Calif., Monday, June 3, 2019. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu)

Mariah Hernandez, Staff Writer

Apple will soon be releasing their own credit card called the Apple Card.

Apple claims the card is built on “Simplicity, Transparency, and Privacy” while being “Designed to help customers lead a healthier financial life”.

The Apple Card will be built into the Apple Wallet on iPhone devices, which will offer customers a familiar experience they may have had with Apple Pay and the flexibility to manage their card directly from their iPhone. Apple claims the card will transform their customers’ full credit card capability by reducing the application process to bare bones and eliminating fees while promising customers will pay a reduced amount of interest and providing a new level of security and privacy.

The Apple card will be available this summer according to their press release published on June 3, 2019 and it will also offer a clearer and more compelling rewards program than other credit card providers with Daily Cash, which will give back a percentage of every purchase as cash on a customers’ Apple cash card each day. 

Apple’s vice president of Apple Pay, Jennifer Bailey said, “Apple Card builds on the tremendous success of Apple Pay and delivers new experiences only possible with the power of iPhone. Apple Card is designed to help customers lead a healthier financial life, which starts with a better understanding of their spending so they can make smarter choices with their money, transparency to help them understand how much it will cost if they want to pay over time and ways to help them pay down their balance.”

This will be beneficial to the every day person, but also specifically students. We live in a world of constant and consistent evolving of technology and we utilize it to help keep us efficient and organized in our own ways. We are making print and non-digitized interfaces obsolete because they no longer fit our needs and standards for interaction and influence. The Apple Card will help students with financial monitoring and organizing for benefiting their present and future selves because this is the same thing that we do constantly as a college student.