Kendrick Lamar performs during The Pop Out - Ken & Friends concert presented for pgLang, Free Lunch, and Amazon Music at the Kia Forum on June 19th, 2024 in Inglewood, California.
Kendrick Lamar's "Pop Out" Concert with Friends, A Juneteenth to remember
Kai McGheeJune 21, 2024
2 years later at HCC
2 years later at HCC
Paulina Garcia, Staff Writter • June 21, 2024
Animals
The Importance of Flea & Heartworm Prevention
Guadalupe Mejia, Staff Writer • June 19, 2024
1960s-era pill could bring free love back to Houston
Health
1960s-era pill could bring 'free love' back to Houston
Brandon De Hoyos, Staff Writer • June 18, 2024
Uncategorized
Diving into the deeper meaning of Disney Pixar's "Inside Out" and how it relates to adults & children in the real world.
Kai McGhee, Student • June 14, 2024

My HCC Experience

Graduation is Finally Here

My time here at HCC is nearing its end. I’ve had quite a positive experience, and for that I’m grateful. I came into this school feeling very nervous. I was a transfer student from a 4-year university, where I unfortunately failed th thrive. I don’t think I was meant to jump right into that, and I’m glad I realized that early into my college career. I struggled to keep up with my grades, adapt to my surroundings, and ifnd freinds there. Coming to HCC showed me that I was capable of enjoying and succeeding in college. I just had to find the right school and alter my path to ny degree. I made new friends, enjoyed completing my schoolwork as a lot of my classes involved groupwork, and found professors that actually would give me the time of day to help me succeed in their courses. I didn’t have that at my old school, so this was such a nice environment to transition into. My schooling felt like it flew by here, which is bittersweet, but I’m very excited to see what’s to come. I had my first rough semester here this time around, though. I’ve had some really challenging personal obstacles arise in the last 2 months, but I’m glad to see the other side now. Post-graduation, In plan to attend Stephen F. Austin State University. While I can definitely say I’m feeling some hesitation and anxiety jumping back into university life, I’m feeling more excited and capable than I did fresh out of highschool. I’m letting go and letting God with this one, and I hope I enjoy my time there just as much as I’ve enjoyed my enrollment at HCC. I hope the same for my peers in their future endeavors. Here’s to the future!