The Egalitarian salutes HCCs Spring 2024 graduates
Showcase
The Egalitarian salutes HCC's Spring 2024 graduates
Egalitarian StaffMay 15, 2024
Uncategorized
My HCC Experience
Julia PerezMay 9, 2024
Uncategorized
Katy Texas Urban Legend Centuries In The Making
Zachary MillerMay 7, 2024
Houston Community College is an open admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education.
Education
My amazing commutity college experience with Houston Community College
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • May 7, 2024
Reflecting on My College Experience
Reflecting on My College Experience
Julissa SaucedaMay 7, 2024

My HCC Experience

Graduation is Finally Here

My time here at HCC is nearing its end. I’ve had quite a positive experience, and for that I’m grateful. I came into this school feeling very nervous. I was a transfer student from a 4-year university, where I unfortunately failed th thrive. I don’t think I was meant to jump right into that, and I’m glad I realized that early into my college career. I struggled to keep up with my grades, adapt to my surroundings, and ifnd freinds there. Coming to HCC showed me that I was capable of enjoying and succeeding in college. I just had to find the right school and alter my path to ny degree. I made new friends, enjoyed completing my schoolwork as a lot of my classes involved groupwork, and found professors that actually would give me the time of day to help me succeed in their courses. I didn’t have that at my old school, so this was such a nice environment to transition into. My schooling felt like it flew by here, which is bittersweet, but I’m very excited to see what’s to come. I had my first rough semester here this time around, though. I’ve had some really challenging personal obstacles arise in the last 2 months, but I’m glad to see the other side now. Post-graduation, In plan to attend Stephen F. Austin State University. While I can definitely say I’m feeling some hesitation and anxiety jumping back into university life, I’m feeling more excited and capable than I did fresh out of highschool. I’m letting go and letting God with this one, and I hope I enjoy my time there just as much as I’ve enjoyed my enrollment at HCC. I hope the same for my peers in their future endeavors. Here’s to the future!