This image released by AMC shows Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live. (Gene Page/AMC via AP)
Walking Dead’s “The Ones Who Live” Aired Finale March 31st
Zachary MillerApril 16, 2024
Trouble on the Texas horizon as S.B.4 is put on hold
Politics
Marco Flores, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Graduation
A Graduation Story
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • April 16, 2024
Immaculate Movie Review
Entertainment
'Immaculate' Movie Review
Julissa SaucedaApril 16, 2024
News
Fire in Copenhagen burns down 17th Century Old Stock Exchange Building
Diego Hernandez, Student Writer • April 16, 2024

‘Immaculate’ Movie Review

I recently got the chance this past weekend to go to the movie theatre to watch Sydney Sweeney’s new movie, ‘Immaculate.’ While I had already heard some good things about this movie, I wanted to see it for myself. I tried to avoid as many spoilers and clips of the movie because sometimes I enjoy going in blind so the movie can really catch me by surprise. Sydney Sweeney has come back in the spotlight after Euphoria latest season. Sweeney also had starred in another film, ‘Anyone But You’ and had made an appearance on SNL.

Before watching this movie, I had really only seen Sydney Sweeney in ‘Euphoria’ and ‘The White Lotus’ so since I had only seen her act as a certain character I was really curious to see her play a new character that is different. In this movie, Sweeney’s character is named Cecilia who is an American nun that gets an invitation to join an Italian convent. Cecilia believes that this is her purpose in life after she experienced a near death experience at an early age.

In the beginning she is excited to start her new life and journey at this convent. But soon enough weird sinister things start happening, as if being in an old Italian convent wasn’t creepy enough already. On one night one of the older nuns snuck into her room and weirdly chopped off a piece of her hair, and then she also seen some people in weird red masks that were covering their entire face.

Soon enough Cecilia starts feeling sick and showing signs of pregnancy. The doctor at the convent later confirms that she is pregnant, they ask her if she had any sexual relations before arriving to the convent which she responds with no. It is later revealed that she was impregnated due to the priest using DNA from a piece of the crucifixion. It turns out that they were doing this to all the nuns in the convent.

This honestly caught me off guard because I did not expect her to get pregnant that way. Fast forward 9 months she is about to give birth and also starts her escape to get out from there. The movie ended with her finally successfully escaping and giving birth at the same time. While they do not show the “baby” you can see in her face that she is terrified of what she just gave birth to, you can also hear some snarling noises coming from the creature. The movie ends with her eventually killing it.

I honestly really loved this movie and it was not what I was expecting at all. Sydney Sweeney did a great job in this film and it was so interesting seeing her in her first gory horror film. I definitely recommend everyone giving it a try because you will not be disappointed at all.