FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Ariana Grande’s newest album ‘eternal sunshine’ breaks the internet

Album cover for Ariana Grande’s “eternal sunshine” album.

Ariana Grande released her seventh studio album, “eternal sunshine” about two weeks ago on March 8th. Grande had first announced this album alongside the first single that came from it which was, “yes, and?” While this song was a great mix of house and pop music, the rest of her album is very different.

The album has a total of 13 tracks, which encapsulates more of Grande’s potential that we know that she is capable of since many people weren’t too impressed when she had released “yes, and?” Grande has a strong love for the theatre and films so this isn’t the first time she has referenced a film in her music. In her ” Thank U, Next” music video she referenced a number of early 2000s coming of age movies like Mean Girls, Legally Blonde, and 13 going on 30.

The album name was inspired by the film “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,” a 2004 film that starred Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. The film is about their characters, Joel and Clementine, following after their breakup they both start to undergo procedures that essentially erases their memories about each other and their relationship. Grande also released a music video for her song on the album, “we can’t be friends (wait for your love),” which is a clear reference to the film. In the music video it shows her memories that she had with her past parter and how she is undergoing the same procedure that they had in the film.

Many songs on the album are conspired to be about her now ex-husband, Dalton Gomez, in the music video she portrays a pain while she’s erasing her memories about her past relationship. The song “we can’t be friends (wait for your love),” has also stayed as number one on the Billboard Top 200 Chart.

I personally absolutely love the entire album, the way the tracks are organized, especially the transition from “Saturn Returns Interlude” to “eternal sunshine” is absolutely beautiful. Ariana Grande has once created an amazing R&B-pop album which deserves all the recognition it has been receiving.

I absolutely recommend listening to the album from start to finish if you haven’t.