FILE - Migrants wait to be processed by the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol after they crossed the Rio Grande and entered the U.S. from Mexico, Oct. 19, 2023, in Eagle Pass, Texas. A Texas law that allows the state to arrest and deport migrants suspected of illegally entering the U.S. will remain on hold for now, a federal appeals court ruled. The order late Tuesday, March 26, 2024, from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals followed a March 20 hearing by a three-judge panel of the court. It’s just the latest move in a seesaw legal case that is not yet over. (AP Photo/Eric Gay, File)
News
Texas' migrant arrest law is on hold for now under latest court ruling
Oswaldo Medina, Student Writer • March 27, 2024
Uncategorized
Media
Nilab Ahmadi, student • March 26, 2024
Boats move near a container ship as it rests against wreckage of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
News
Baltimore Key Bridge , Francis Scott Collapse
Andrnique Boyd, Student Writer • March 26, 2024
HCC ADN Nursing Program making a 'strong comeback'?
Jennifer Mendez, Student • March 26, 2024
College student presenting their picket sign at protest
Education
Tuition Rising for Immigrant and Minority in Canada
Tammarious Scott, Associated Press • March 26, 2024

Music Review: Saturn by SZA

SZA+winning+Grammy+award+for+best+pop+duo%2Fperformance+for+Kiss+Me+More+on+April+3rd%2C+2022.+
John Locher
SZA winning Grammy award for best pop duo/performance for “Kiss Me More” on April 3rd, 2022.

The Grammy-nominated R&B sensation SZA finally dropped a song she debuted in a commercial following her Grammy attendance. You may have heard her sing about getting violent revenge on an ex-lover in her insanely popular recent album.

She graces us this time with the song “Saturn” released in a live version, sped up, acapella, and instrumental. This time taking a much more lively and positive approach, singing about wanting to depart your sad planet and instead discover happiness on another. “Saturn” is an ethereal R&B vibe that SZA perfectly captured inspiration from her “Ctrl” album, while also having the significant poetic lyricism of her “SOS” album.

This talented woman with such an elegant voice does not fail to mesmerize her audience with her softspoken dialogue yet strong lows she’s able to vocalize. She wrote the song and co-produced it along with Carter Lang, Rob Bisel, Monsune (Scott Zhang), and Solomonophonic (Jared Solomon).

She begins the first verse by singing about her dissatisfaction with the love she had experienced on her current planet. Before getting into the chorus, she mentions that her mental health could be partly to blame. Then proceeding to talk about how much better life on Saturn would be during the chorus. Nearing the end, she contemplates the idea of karma, if there’s any point to move toward being good. Until finally ending off by fantasizing about a better life, in a “grass is always greener on the other side” sense, on Saturn.

The topic of the song began to make me ponder my relationship with the world. The celestial sounds make you feel like you are drifting through space on your way to Saturn, in a way it makes you feel more connected to the world as you become drawn into the vast empty feeling of space.