Something Great, Netflix Original 2019
Uncategorized
3 Movies for When You Need Some Comfort
Kai McGheeJune 29, 2024
Ex Iron Factory Turned Hidden Gem
Chayanne CabralesJune 28, 2024
Photo: www.brainandlife.org
Education
Mental Health Awareness
Paulina Garcia, Staff Writter • June 28, 2024
Animals
Dog Friendly Restaurants Bars in Houston, TX
Guadalupe Mejia, Staff Writer • June 27, 2024
For the first time since 2020, President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump will meet on a debate stage Thursday night.
News
Stage set for historic presidential debate Thursday night
Brandon De Hoyos, Staff Writer • June 27, 2024

3 Movies for When You Need Some Comfort

Something Great, Netflix Original 2019

Just like listening to a playlist for when you’re emotional and feeling a bit low or sad, movies have the ability to provide us with comfort to boost our mood to where we’re less in our feelings and left feeling somewhat hopeful. There’s a variety of movies from musicals, to animated films, sappy rom-coms, and light-hearted dramas with the power to do so. Here are three films from the last three decades that are there to provide viewers with comfort whether you just need to feel at ease when your mood is down or need the safe space to shed a tear.

Pursuit of Happyness(2006)

This inspirational film staring Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith, depict the true story of Chris Gardner and his journey through life with his son after being evicted from his apartment. Gardner is a single father, struggling to make ends meet and continues to face hardships but even within them he continued to have faith as he pushes to create a better life for him and his son. This heartfelt film is not only inspirational, emotional, and relatable to some viewers but it’s an example perseverance and what it means to continue to do what you want with intent and to remember that setbacks are just another part of life.

Something Great (2019)

A personal comfort movie of mine, the netflix original “Something Great” which follows Jenny and the aftermath of her break-up with her long term boyfriend as she is choosing to pursue her dreams as writer across the country, her and herbest friends embark on one last night of fun. This film explores themes of heartbreak, love, friendship, and what its like to make hard decisions and to follow your dreams. The film gives viewers the ability to see into the best friends, Blair & Erin, as well and may find similarities to their own lifestyles or situations. From its memorable quotes, sincerity, and its humor this film is bound to have viewers crying, laughing, or even both when watching this film.

Mean Girls(2004)

Ending on an iconic note, the 2004 film is one of the most iconic of the 2000s its nostalgic and unserious in the best way possible. This film is bound to have viewers laughing from start to finish, it provides viewers comfort with its witty quotes and lines and story line that keeps viewers intrigued. I have seen the film more times than I can count and still im able to rewatch as many times as I can.