Something Great, Netflix Original 2019
Uncategorized
3 Movies for When You Need Some Comfort
Kai McGheeJune 29, 2024
Ex Iron Factory Turned Hidden Gem
Chayanne CabralesJune 28, 2024
Photo: www.brainandlife.org
Education
Mental Health Awareness
Paulina Garcia, Staff Writter • June 28, 2024
Animals
Dog Friendly Restaurants Bars in Houston, TX
Guadalupe Mejia, Staff Writer • June 27, 2024
For the first time since 2020, President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump will meet on a debate stage Thursday night.
News
Stage set for historic presidential debate Thursday night
Brandon De Hoyos, Staff Writer • June 27, 2024

Mental Health Awareness

Photo%3A+www.brainandlife.org
Photo: www.brainandlife.org

Bringing awareness about mental health is very significant to me because this is something that I have experienced. Although Mental Health Awareness Month is in May, I still wanted to talk about how important it is to recognize if this is something you are going through. So many lives have been take away because they don’t get the help needed during that time.

According to CBS News “Over the years, more people seem to be willing and open to discuss mental health issues they may be going through. ”

Talking about my issues with others made me feel out of place because when I expressed to others I noticed not everyone had the same issues as me. One of the main reasons I kept things to myself until now. My emotions were all over the place I did notice that I no longer was motivated to do things. So many things were going on in my life I didn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel that is when seeking help crossed my mind, but I wasn’t sure how to get it.

A friend who had noticed how I was changing suggested I look into a therapist, and I actually found one, and to this day I still communicate with her whenever I need to check in. Now that I communicate with others I have noticed that there are plenty of people who also have a therapist and that there is nothing wrong with that.

Finding the right therapist is also very important you have to feel comfortable enough to vent all your thoughts. My experience with my therapist has been great what I like the most about her is that she hears you out without judging you and also validates your thoughts and actions.

Even though you’re not the person experiencing mental health issues be the friend who can notice the small changes , so that person can seek help before things can get worse .