Rockets Refuel at Home

Houston Rockets guard Corey Brewer, left, defends Sacramento Kings guard Matt Barnes . (AP Photo/George Bridges)

AP

The Rockets refuel at home after a five-game road trip and 10 of their last 14 games on the road. After sleeping in their beds, the team came out energized and beat the Kings 105-83.

“It just felt good to be back at home,” James Harden said. “It felt like we were on the road for so long, that we are home, we are comfortable. We got to sleep in our own bed. Tonight, we came out and played hard. We had energy at the beginning of the game and carried that through all four quarters.”

Ryan Anderson set the tone for the Rockets knocking down six of 12 three-pointers and scoring 25 points and plucking 11 rebounds.

“We have a lot of weapons on our team,” forward Trevor Ariza said. “On any given night, anyone can step up and be our leading scorer. Tonight, with Ryan he shot the ball extremely well like we know he can. We just rode that.”

Harden had a slow game after banging his knee early in the competition, finished with 10 points, eight assist and seven rebounds.

AP
Houston Rockets center Clint Capela (15) shoots against Sacramento Kings forward Anthony Tolliver (43) and Willie Cauley-Stein (00) during the first half of an NBA basketball game Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2017, in Houston. (AP Photo/George Bridges)

Clint Capela is showing that he is fine after breaking his leg in December, had a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.

A combination of the Rockets refueling and the Kings at the end of an eight-game road trip led to a lopsided game that saw Houston dominate from the second quarter.

The Rockets opened the second quarter on an 18 to 3 run that set the pace for the remainder of the game. The Kings were never closer than 17 points in the second half.

“We ran out of gas there in the last game against (Philadelphia), but I thought we really ran out of legs tonight,” Kings coach Dave Joerger said. “We didn’t shoot it well; they are obviously very offensively potent.”

Kings only shot 35 percent making only 30 of 86 shots taken.

DeMarcus Cousins was the leading scorer for Sacramento with 16 points and seven rebounds.

“I think we progressed as a team,” Cousins said. “It’s been a tough road trip with a lot of unfortunate things happened. A lot of things didn’t go our way, but through it, I think we got better as a team.”

Kings return to Sacramento to host the Suns on Friday.

Rockets welcome back Dwight Howard and the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday.

As ran in The Houston Sports Page.